CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – About $600,000 has been awarded by the point out to 22 university districts for Innovation Pathway courses, which offer opportunities to enable college students master and achieve practical experience with occupation exploration, specialized programs and internships.
The plan also pays for pupils to enroll in article-secondary programs to help them reach sector-acknowledged qualifications.
Many industries across the state are having difficulties to uncover experienced and skilled employees, specifically in STEM-associated fields, like superior production, information and facts technological know-how, environmental and lifetime sciences, overall health care and social guidance, and enterprise and finance.
“These packages present college students with fingers-on abilities discovering and entry to chances for long run results in superior-desire fields,” stated Governor Charlie Baker. “The enlargement of Innovation Pathways will allow far more pupils to acquire understanding and get the job done activities that prepare them for thriving occupations in advance of they graduate significant university.”
The Improvements Pathway plan offers a pipeline for university to get the job done in a lot of large competent professions. Because 2017, 49 significant educational institutions statewide have specified Innovation Pathways, totaling 121 unique applications.
The next college districts gained awards:
- Atlantis Constitution College – $41,250
- Barnstable Public Colleges – $26,576
- Berkshire Hills Regional College District – $41,250
- Boston General public Educational institutions, Dearborn STEM Academy – $52,250
- Burlington General public Schools – $26,575
- Dudley Charlton Regional Faculty District – $30,000
- Everett Public Universities – $30,000
- Gardner Public Educational facilities – $30,000
- Hadley General public Schools – $3,000
- Haverhill Community Universities – $15,000
- Lawrence General public Educational institutions – $15,000
- Mashpee General public Educational facilities – $15,000
- Nantucket General public Educational institutions – $30,000
- Northampton Community Educational facilities – $26,575
- Norwood Public Colleges – $26,575
- Somerset Berkley Regional School District – $30,000
- Tewksbury General public Colleges – $15,000
- Uxbridge Public Universities – $15,000
- West Springfield Community Universities – $30,000
- Westfield Public Colleges – $15,000
- Woburn General public Universities – $41,250
- Worcester General public Schools – $29,449